Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Guinness Storehouse

Could I talk about Ireland without mentioning drink? Especially without mentioning its most popular stout - the infamous Guinness? Shame upon you for even considering it!

Dublin is home to the Guinness Storehouse. This is far from your everyday brewery tour - it's a multimedia experience, complete with mega-giftshop, interactive exhibits about the various stages of brewing, an enthralling section of ads past and present, and a complimentary pint in the Gravity Bar with its 360-degree view of the city to end your tour. Really, it's astounding.

The website offers a virtual tour that looks cool, but I wouldn't try it with a dial-up connection.

(However, I had to admit our toddler, and my jet-lagged parents, wanted to move through it faster than we did. I'm guessing our extra interest in beer as homebrewers was a factor!)

No comments: